Friday, August 19, 2005

My First Tour Guide!


I stayed with Kathleen for a couple of weeks when I first arrived. We found we have a lot in common - we're both (Northern!) East Coast girls and have the same personality type (INFJ - go to www.humanmetrics.com to take the Myers Briggs personality test, and then let me know what you are - it's so fascinating!). We share the same love of languages (we spoke French in our apt for 2 weeks - it was so good to get back into that) and enjoyed cooking together. Kathleen inspired me to have the courage to take a taxi (after all the crazy stories I've heard about taxi drivers here) and invited me to tag along and meet her local friends - that was fun! I told her friends that I really wanted to learn Arabic and so I had started studying with a CD program b/f I left the States. They asked me what words I had learned, so I started telling them... coffee, thank you, you're welcome... The one girl started laughing and told me to repeat them for her sister. They both started laughing and telling me I have an Egyptian accent. Ha! I think that's better than an American accent, so I'll go with that :)

10 Comments:

At 8/19/2005 3:39 PM, Blogger joydriven said...

fellow-INFJ, here! =}

 
At 8/19/2005 4:07 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

I am so not surprised!!!

 
At 8/19/2005 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what? I'm an INFJ too :) Not suprising in the least!

 
At 8/19/2005 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am ISFJ.

 
At 8/19/2005 6:38 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Tom - I could have definitely told you that w/out the test! When you move up the ranks you'll have to get Hanover to give their candidates a personality test to help with the selection process!

 
At 8/25/2005 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

asdf

 
At 8/25/2005 7:33 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Welcome Missy! Sorry - i went thru the same confusion earlier this year. ENFJ makes sense for you - "Smooth Talkikng Persuader", responsive & responsible, feels real concern for what others think or want, and tries to handle things with due regard for the other's felelings, can present a proposal or lead a group discussion with ease & tact, sociable, popular, sympathetic, responsive to praise & criticism, likes to facilitate others and enable people to achieve their potential...

 
At 9/05/2005 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
Care to predict what you think I am?
Take a guess and then I will reveal.:)
Aunt Shirley

 
At 9/07/2005 5:16 AM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Aunt Shirley - INFJ - of course!

 
At 3/01/2007 10:36 AM, Blogger joydriven said...

we should each have our own special group cheer. i am ashamed to say i didn't catch on to kathleen's identity when i met her. i want to start trying to guess first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home