Friday, August 19, 2005

New Roommates & Temporary Apt # 2


On Saturday I moved from Temporary Apartment # 1 to Temporary Apartment # 2, and FINALLY got my suitcases unpacked. I considered leaving them packed until August 22 so that I could say I had been living out of a suitcase for 2 months, but just couldn't do it! My new roommates arrived on Sunday. Kristi and Heather are from California and Sarah is from Alaska. For a while we'll all share an apartment in the city. Eventually when the on campus housing is ready we'll move out there and split up 2 and 2, but that won't be until October. Hopefully we'll get moved before the rainy season starts!

These are the views from my bedroom window. We are living in an area filled with apartment buildings. On our block they all back up to each other and our apt is on the back side of our building. The view isn't too interesting, but a very interesting mix of smells and sounds come floating through the windows. Every night around 10pm one of the families sits under that green tent on the patio in the first picture to eat a big family meal. I've heard that a lot of families have relatives visiting from France for the month of August, so there are a lot more family get togethers around this time of year. It sounds like there are a lot of kids enjoying their late summertime bedtimes. The food always smells delish (except for last night - all I could smell was the propane - they must have been grilling something). Somebody else plays really loud music, but usually turns it off around midnight.

I'm getting paged by my roommates to come make dinner.

A bientot!

3 Comments:

At 8/19/2005 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Il y a des Français partout ;O)

 
At 8/20/2005 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good blog, Rebecca. We're interested.

 
At 8/20/2005 9:15 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

au moins des francophones!

Thanks, Bob! Let me know when you're bringing Jennie & Patience out to visit :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home