Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Answer Is...



Our Turbans!!!

We went down to the Sahara desert for a camel trek - complete with sleeping in Nomadic tents and using the Desert Bush WCs! We were warned that we should get scarves to wrap into turbans before we left so we went on a shopping mission in the medina to find them. Luckily we were also warned that we should wash them so that they wouldn't bleed brilliant colors onto our faces if we started to glisten a bit in the desert sun. I think I'd rather have brilliantly purple hands than face!

6 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey good to be back in touch - first Natasha, now you - this is sweet. I will spend more time later checking out your blog as well.

 
At 5/10/2006 5:10 PM, Blogger Jocelyn Pagano said...

Rebecca,

I saw your comment on Paul's blog page. Check out my blog at http://mplsmusings.blogspot.com/

 
At 5/10/2006 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a great time. I'll try to check your blog more often. Take care.

 
At 5/11/2006 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I'm out in LA right now and it's about 1am my time. I'm exhausted, but am trying to get through some e-mail. Miss you!!

 
At 5/14/2006 8:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I never would have guessed the answer was turbans! Very becoming on you both. :)

 
At 6/21/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Jed Carosaari said...

So, I read this, and I thought, "That's odd. I never had that happen to my hands with the turbans..." Turns out, I've never washed my turben. Until this morning. With the white jallabiyah and shirt. Now the blue jallabiyah and shirt :-( I'm trying to bleach them to see if I can get the colour back. Blue shirt is good, goes with my eyes. But the jallabiyah is supposed to be white- it's part of the status thing when you wear it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home