Monday, April 17, 2006

Back from Break

Sorry for the lack of posting recently! Just before spring break (which was last week) my computer cord for my laptop decided to die. It was Murphy's law at work! If it had decided just a few days earlier to give up the ghost I could have ordered one & sent it to my friend who came for spring break, but NO it had to be difficult & die just the day before she arrived. SO, I have no computer at home right now, no access to my secure email & no way to upload spring break pictures :( But the way I look at it - it could be much worse. It could have been my hard-drive that decided to die & take all my pictures to the grave with it. I definitely am going to back up my pix when I get a new cord. I'm not sure when that will be - I'm trying to figure out if I can get one here, or if i need to have one shipped to friends in CA that are coming out the end of April.

So, with my wonderful, fabulouso, awesome, fantabulous best friend Kim who came to visit arrived a new Vonage box - whoohoo! I can't wait to set it up and have a US phone number again. But, that requires routing through my computer - aaahhh! So, after months of waiting, I'm still waiting! I'll let y'all (am I missing SC a little or what?) know when I get all the necessary equipment to work at the same time :)

Spring break was just what I needed - a dose of the most encouraging friend in the world, a few adventures (i went on a camel trek in the Saraha and slept in a nomadic tent!), time spent with friends, and a little pampering (yay for massages & pedicures!). I'll write more when I have pix to post!

OK - my ride is about to take off, gotta run!

4 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 8:10 AM, Blogger Jed Carosaari said...

Beq- I think you can still fairly easily upload pics, without your computer. When I'm traveling I do this all the time.

Plug the camera cord into any USB, and when the computer queries what you want to do, simply X out of that box. Then pull up the file with the pictures from the start menu, just going to the Flashdrive port. From there you can view your pictures with the titles that the camera has assigned to them.

Then go to your blog and upload them as you usually do, but instead of using your picture file, you go to the flashdrive file, and look through for the title of the picture you had previously viewed. (As in this method, no pictures are listed in the loading.) This procedure allows you to upload, but does not delete the pictures off the camera or camera card, allowing you to download them later when your computer cord is again working.

 
At 4/19/2006 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MISS YOU!!!!!!!!

 
At 4/20/2006 4:02 AM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Miss you too! Come back soon!!!

 
At 4/21/2006 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a great time with your fun loving pal Kim. Can't wait to see the pictures! I can't believe how many adventures you are having . . .. many more than I will have in my lifetime. I bet a pedicure felt amazing after your camel ride. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home