Monday, September 12, 2005

Don't let the bedbugs bite!

Ever since my roommates arrived in August, they have been getting these little bites – especially on their legs. I haven’t shared the same misfortune, luckily! The strange thing is that they would get these bites even when they had jeans on in the middle of the day. Finally they went on-line and did a search on their symptoms to figure out what it could be. As it turns out they had all the symptoms of bedbugs. So they did search of their beds and sure enough – they found one of the nasty little creatures. They tell me that bed bugs look like big brown lice until they bite you, and then they turn red. Yucko-plucko! We had a guy come and fumigate our apartment, and take the beds away. For the past 3 nights we have been sleeping on the froshes in the living room (see the picture from Aug 19). Today our bed frames came, but we are still waiting for the mattresses. So we have one more night on the froshes. The living room, or salon, is the room where guests are received and it is lined with this type of furniture kind of like a couch – except they are really hard and uncomfortable. When guests come, the pillows along the backs of the froshes can be taken off to make temporary beds. I guess it is better than sleeping on the tiled floor!

I'm getting ready to head to bed..

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!
And if they do, take your shoe and beat them til they're black and blue!

7 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
Did I laugh when I read "and if they do, grab your shoe and beat them 'til they're black and blue"! My British friend (who taught me that last part of the rhyme) will be glad to know it is not only being repeated by me in the U.S. but now in Morocco. :)

 
At 9/14/2005 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that rhyme. I tried to say it the other night and fell all over the words again -as you can imagine!

 
At 9/20/2005 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yik! i hear there is a huge bedbug epidemic here in the states in hotels... you got lucky not to get bitten, i guess!

 
At 9/21/2005 8:56 AM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

I'm happy to report that our new beds are so much more comfortable & seem to have solved the bedbug problem!

 
At 6/14/2009 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real one is "Good night sleep tight don't let the bedbug's bite, and if they do cut them in two leave half for me and half for you." Anonymous

 
At 2/08/2010 8:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

it good night dont let the bed bugd bite if they do get a shoe beat them to your black and blue

 
At 12/22/2011 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela said....
My dad used to say " good night. Don't let the bed bugs bite, but if they do just give them a slap or two with your shoe. If they don't give up, just move to a boot with a lot more soul (sole).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home