Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tea and Slippers


Forever ago my friend Joy came for a visit. Actually it was not quite 3 months ago, but it seems like an eternity has passed since then. I took her down to the habous, an area where shopkeepers sell all sorts of artisinal objects - pottery, paintings, home decorations, djallabas, carpets and (of course!) slippers. Slippers are what I bring home for my grandmother when I make my trips back. She is the person I've gotten the most exciting reactions from about my gifts. So, I told her I'd post a picture of our slipper shopkeeper serving us tea. I go often enough that he remembers my name (and the fact that I keep bringing him business), so he always offers me a delicious cup of mint tea. We didn't mind stopping to smell the mint leaves :)


4 Comments:

At 5/10/2007 6:06 PM, Blogger drh said...

That's quite a colorful picture!

 
At 5/21/2007 1:36 AM, Blogger joydriven said...

i love that! i'm just now seeing it for the first time in a loooong time and am stealing it.... =}

 
At 6/07/2007 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dearly beloved. Aunt Shirley was just here and showed me how to send an answer to your blog. That was a great pic of the shoe man. I typed at least 3 letters to you but they just disappeared - or did you get them? I never know what happens on these computers. there....love peace and lots of JOY....

 
At 6/11/2007 7:00 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

OK - I got the latest comment you left here Mam! Are there any colors you are requesting for me to bring home this time? And how many pairs do you want?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home