Saturday, November 19, 2005

Dial Up Internet!!!

The week that I got back from my Spain & Portugal break I had the best intentions of posting pictures right away. I blocked out a night to spend working on catching up on email and updating my blog. However, I got home and found out that our internet connection wasn’t working. Apparently someone had brought in an internet bill and it got mixed in with their mail from school and never made it to the bills to get paid pile next to our telephone… So I went with plan B and spent time organizing pictures & burning CDs for the three girls that went on the trip with me. Then on Saturday I moved (AGAIN) and Sunday I spent (besides church) unpacking, grocery shopping and cooking. Monday my friend Dan arrived to spend a few days and finally today I have found time to get on-line again! So, finally, here’s the rest of my trip…

HA! I thought I was uploading pix from the rest of my trip. The girls I just moved in with last week still have DIAL UP INTERNET!!! So, I can't get my pictures to upload despite the fact that I have reduced them to less than 150 KB. I guess I will load them onto my flash drive & post them from work on Monday. How crazy!

3 Comments:

At 11/21/2005 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
We can relate to your dial up internet situation...Mam and Grampy are going to have DSL starting in mid-Dec.; they signed up for a modem/filters but there was such an upsurge in DSL interest that Verizon is swamped: They lowered their price to what dial-up used to cost! So, soon, M & G will be able to download pics they get over the internet:)
Hey, did you know I saw your Dad and Heather (and kids) and JT/Niki/Sean this past wkend? There was a surprise party (doctorate) and they were there! It was fun, and TOTALLY unexpected - I didn't have a clue. Such fun. Even the Vinal's were able to come :)

 
At 11/22/2005 3:41 AM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Congrats, Aunt Shirley! I sure wish I could have been there for your surprise :) It looks like I get to come home for Christmas, so I'll have to see some pix. Love to you!

 
At 11/22/2005 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, GREAT!!!...I didn't know you were coming home for Christmas :) Make sure you bring home ALL your digital pics. I have really been enjoying the ones on this blog. The two lamp post ones were incredible.
Speaking of pics, your dad took pics at the party, so there should be plenty to see of the party...
love you, Aunt Shirley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home