Wednesday, December 14, 2005

my FAVORITE picture!



This is definitely my favorite picture so far!

Wherever I travel, I always try to find cool pictures of lamposts. It all started in Paris. I had a day to myself to wander around the city and since I had already seen the typical touristy sites, I decided on a whim to find a theme for a little amateur photography. I enjoyed the day exploring Paris with my camera. Although I don't think I got any phenomenal shots, I did discover my favorite bridge in Paris - Pont Alexandre III (I think that is the name of it!). Since then I've been looking for the lampost picture wherever happen to be.

This one I stumbled upon. I was leaving the Tombeau of Moulay Ismail in Meknes and was halfway out the door before my mind registered the rusty lamp hanging from the ceiling at just the right angle in front of the keyhole door with the perfect mosaic tiling to complete l'esprit de North Africa.

3 Comments:

At 12/17/2005 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
Just a quick question: is there significance to the "keyhole" shape of the doorways? Just curious :)
See you very soon!!!
love, Aunt Shirley

 
At 12/23/2005 5:24 PM, Blogger joydriven said...

very nice, friend.

 
At 1/02/2006 8:14 AM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Thanks Joy!

I don't know if there is a significance. I'll have to check up on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home