Wednesday, January 04, 2006

MIA Luggage!

I flew out of Newark on New Year's Eve (thus skipping my annual New Year's Hat tradition, the cause of much laughter for people walking through the front doors of Hanover) and arrived in Paris with a short window of time in which to make my connecting flight. After taking a series of buses all over the airport I arrived at my terminal and ran to the gate just in time. My luggage however decided to hang out in Paris. It must have been the idea of the Red Pants. Those naughty Red Pants have just the right amount of sophisticated Paris funk to talk the rest of the suitcase contents into a Parisian escapade. If they ever decide to show up here in Africa I shall make sure to keep much closer track of them on the next voyage! I might even bribe them to be good with the promise of wearing them and giving them the chance to show off all over the airport. Hmmm.

Seriously, I'm a little concerned because my vonage box was also in that suitcase. I keep calling the airport (but it's almost impossible to get an answer) & have made 3 trips out there (eventually retrieving 1 of the 2 suitcases). Send up a few prayers!

7 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has the luggage/vonage turned up yet?

 
At 1/07/2006 3:53 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

I went back to the airport this afternoon & still no suitcase. They told me that now I need to go to Air France in the center of town & fill out a lost luggage form to get reimbursed by the airline.

 
At 1/07/2006 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
Oh dear!
Can you replace vonage over there or do you need an Aunt to bring over a replacement during March Spring Break? (tee hee)
Seriously, I could send one over with the students from my college who are going to be at the orphange 4 hours from your place...Let me know if that is something you want to consider, as I imagine we'd probably have to make some arrangements on this side of the ocean regarding bring it over. (not sure on import taxes, etc.)

 
At 1/10/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger joydriven said...

great. crystal flew to paris on new year's eve, too--fancy that. i've been talking up vonage to her, and she needs no one to talk up red pants to her. i think we all can see who must've taken off with your luggage....

 
At 1/13/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

well, i guess i will just have to take a trip to paris and recover a few things! seriously, i have been wondering if i could talk the air france guy into getting me on a flight to go check out the lost luggage room at CDG. Think he'd go for that one? Probably not - but it would be cheaper for air france than paying me for my bag!

aunt shirley - i'll have to talk to you about that option. on circuit city's website i could order a new box with an almost 100% rebate right now.

 
At 1/14/2006 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
Keep me posted about whether you get it and want it sent over with our team...so we can find out what arrangements need to be made to bring it...do you know if it can be arranged to be brought over without you incurring an exhorbitant(sp?)tax?
love you,Aunt Shirley

 
At 1/18/2006 4:09 PM, Blogger Matt Harmless said...

Oh man.

Don't lose the vonage box.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home