Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The End of Rainbow Season

I've heard about hurricane season and tornado season, even dry and rainy seasons, but I have never heard of anyone talk about rainbow season. Maybe it's just the character of human nature to look at the negative side of things, but I was re-reading an email I sent to a friend a couple of weeks ago and realized that I've just lived through my first rainbow season.

"Greetings from rainbow-y North Africa! I was bummed this morning to see rain pouring down in sheets, but by the time we left for school it was letting up. Just minutes ago I walked over to the restrooms (have to go outside for that here!) and saw the most beautiful rainbow hanging over the ocean. Wow! I need to bring my camera on one of these rainy days." - Feb. 21st

I can't believe how many rainbows I have seen here on campus this past winter, but I think I've missed my window of opportunity for catching one with my camera. The next ten days are supposed to be sunny, and I've heard that once sunny season starts there's no rain again until October :) I'm not complaining too much - I'll have to catch one next year.

1 Comments:

At 3/11/2006 8:48 PM, Blogger joydriven said...

next year?
=}
we should talk.
soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home