Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunday Crepes


I'm not a morning person. In fact I HATE mornings (my sister can attest to the many battles we fought over how early was too early to turn on the light!). But it seems that some of my special-est (hm, I think I'm making up my own language here) memories are over breakfast. Like the breakfasts I had every once in a while in Wisconsin with Alicia, Colleen, Sarah and Kathleen when we'd sneak off campus early and find our favorite little breakfast cafe in Iron Mountain (the one we couldn't bear to tell anyone else about even though it was so good because we wanted our own little get-away from the normal campus crowds). Or the traditional before-dawn trip to the Island with Matt (cappucinos in hand, of course) to watch the sunrise before each of my trips back to Europe. Then we'd get back to my dad's and make waffles or raspberry pancakes and then sit in front of the fireplace until we too toasty to stand it. A couple of weeks ago, my awesome friend Mary came over before churchand we enjoyed delicious crepes (Quimita, note the Nutella - a great Ferrero product!) and big bowls of strong coffee with frothy milk, sprinkled with raw sugar and cinnamon.

4 Comments:

At 4/02/2006 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Nutella. Yum. That inspires me. . .
Love ya!

 
At 4/03/2006 4:47 AM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Those illegal coffee liquor chocolates from Ferrero would inspire me too ;)

 
At 4/03/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

you're making me hungry! I loved getting away to the gathering place - i think that was its name - for Saturday morning brunch. They had such delicious flavored coffe. Yummy, I am a nutella fan also thanks to you Bex. I just eat it straight from the jar with a spoon. Love your hair, very cute.

 
At 4/05/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Amanda T said...

Hey, becky, just wanted to drop a hello your way. It was fun to look at your photos and read what's going on in your life. And i agree with alicia...your hair is adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home