Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Catch 22

OK - today I brought my computer to school to have one of my friends who is in the IT dept here take a look at it. I booted it up in my classroom first to see if I could pull up my daily schedule to go over with my assistants and make any modifications. Well, my computer decided to work today. I have a TON of work to do on it to get ready for class here, so I was caught in a quandry as to whether to take it to the tech and then not be able to get that stuff done, or work on it while it was working - saving everything to my flash drive OF COURSE. I chose the latter and will bring my machine home tonight to hopefully use it to write my "dear parents" letter to hand out on Friday. I guess I'll bring it back here tomorrow to have my friend take a look.

Tony - I did run the cmd prompt & it came up with 0.0.0.0 both times. The only disk I got from you was the Microsoft XP Professional disk that I got from you this summer. Last summer I didn't get any disks from you with this machine. So I don't have the Dell diagnostic one. I will ask my IT friend here if he has one.

Peyton - I'm gonna ask my friend to pop the cover off & look at the ribbon since I've never taken a computer apart myself :)

Isabelle - I have Norton anti-virus running on this machine & it updates everytime I'm connected to the internet. I periodically do the entire system scan for viruses, which I will run again tonight if my machine decides to cooperate!

Miss you all!

2 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebecca,

I'm pretty sure I put a bunch of discs in the bag that we got you for your going away present? Could you please check again????? I'll check here just in case.

Tony

 
At 8/31/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Tony - there were some blank disks in there, but that is all i found.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home