Friday, August 04, 2006

Year Two

Well, Year Two has officially started. No, I haven't started teaching yet, but I do go back to the office on Monday.

I arrived "home" about an hour ago, so here I am letting you all know that I did make it back - and the BIG news - so did my luggage! I got to the Newark NJ airport early and checked-in in record time, but they couldn't give me boarding passes for the second leg of my trip as those were temporarily suspended for that flight. That didn't sound too good. Just after we got on the plane and got settled we heard the lovely PA system anouncing that we would be delayed for two hours due to thunderstorms. (Um Kim, next time I'll pass on the transferance!) After about an hour of dying in the the non-airconditioned plane, we got the ok to head out to a runway. In Paris I found out where my second flight left from and that it was delayed, so I went to the counter to find out what they had me doing. In the end the printed me a boarding pass and told me to run to the gate. I asked them if there was any possible chance my luggage would make it on the same plane and they assured me it would be there. I told them about my unfortunate luggage experience in January, so they looked up my baggage claim numbers and re-assured me they would be on the flight. Once on the plane we waited FOREVER. Finally a voice came over the loudspeaker explaining that we were late taking off because we were waiting for luggage to get to the plane. It just might have been mine because both suitcases came through the luggage chute at my final destination - ah!!!

My wonderful roommate was there to meet me - she even brought flowers! It was great to see a familiar face. It's funny, now that I'm back I almost feel like I never left. Such a weird feeling!

Anyway, now I'm tired and a little wilted and headed for a good shower!

Later!

11 Comments:

At 8/04/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger drh said...

Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land (Proverbs 25:25, NIV). Glad you made it!

 
At 8/04/2006 4:40 PM, Blogger E.T. said...

I'm glad to hear that you made it back safely AND that you got your luggage! :)

 
At 8/04/2006 7:26 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Thanks! Look forward to seeing both of you back here soon!

 
At 8/04/2006 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
Talked to Rachel the other day (after you had just seen her) and she alerted me to the timing of your flight and when to watch for a new blog entry. Like the others who have already posted, it sure was good to hear that your lugguage arrived with you :)
love you, Aunt Shirley

 
At 8/05/2006 2:15 AM, Blogger Jed Carosaari said...

Mabrook on making it, with the luggage! It seems though that every flight you have has some difficulties :-(

My mom had a transferance experience too, but that was back in the 60's, and it was only for a few seconds...

 
At 8/05/2006 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're there safely and with all that stuff we spent time shopping for!!
Love Rachel

 
At 8/05/2006 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SORRY!!!! I infect all I touch with the travelers curse - it's sad, but true. Sorry I didn't have a chance to call before you left, but my day just ran away with me. The call to Pathmark was really good and I like the broker I'm working with already. The Blackberry is killing me, however. I freak out everytime I get an e-mail and need to check it every 3 minutes. "Crackberry" is about right!
I miss you already - love you!
In circles
~Me

 
At 8/05/2006 5:31 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Rebecca, it was so good to see you here in SC. I'm glad you made it back "home" safely! Looking forward to all the wonderful posts to come!

 
At 8/07/2006 12:34 PM, Blogger tp said...

I've really been missing peeps and Maroc today. Glad you and all your imports made it this time! Keep everyone in line in the hr office...see ya Aug. 22nd.

 
At 8/14/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger Jocelyn Pagano said...

Glad you made it back. When I was flying back from London in 2003, we had to sit on the plan for 2 hours while they fixed one of the engines. But, it was better they fixed it before rather than it go during the flight!

 
At 8/17/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on a safe (but long) trip! What a bonus that your luggage arrived with you! Hope you got some rest from your long journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home