Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Excuses for not posting

hhhmm - it seems i have been reprimanded about my posting habits (see comments on the last post). here are a few of the reasons...

4. i was a prisoner of my grad projects - until thursday. i got my grades back and got an A on each of the papers i turned in for my summer courses - yay!

3. i have had a friend visiting me since thursday, so i'm entertaining.

2. i am sick (still!). in my latest lab work done this week they actually found the little bugs that have been squirrling around in my innerds. so i am on my 5th round of antibiotics for these creatures. i am a little doubtful that the antibiotics will work the 5th time around if they didn't work the first four times, but at least i know for sure i'm not crazy and imagining the symptoms!

1. class prep actually rates above blogging (um, did I say teaching kindergarten is FUN)??? it also takes a TON of time!!! i have basic themes for the year planned out, but have to work on planning activities for my classes without the help of any of those cool teacher manuals that come with so many fun ideas.

10 Comments:

At 9/12/2006 9:40 PM, Blogger Jed Carosaari said...

Congratulations on the papers, Rebecca! And so sorry to hear about your sickness. What kind of bacteria/virus are they?

I've started actively thinking of grad school myself. Visited U Dub ysterday and plan to talk with a prof there to get a better idea of what might be involved.

 
At 9/13/2006 2:43 AM, Blogger drh said...

Re: Reason Number Three

You're entertaining, even without guests from out of town! :)

 
At 9/13/2006 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

4. YAY! (But it doesn't surprise me :)
3. YES! Friends are wonderful excuses for not blogging as long as we hear about it later:) In any case, I agree with drh that YOU are entertaining.
2. YUCK! (Should you stay on the antibiotics for two "courses" so there is NO chance for any to survive and multiply again?!
1. YEP! Teaching takes inordinate amounts of time, especially the first year:( BUT next year WILL be easier:)
How come you don't have manuals?! Do you want me to find some and send them over? And do you have a listing of on-line teacher websites?

love you, Aunt Shirley

 
At 9/13/2006 6:24 PM, Blogger Mary said...

glad you're back in business... hope i will be too. btw, send me that last paper on my favorite educational approach will ya?

love you...
mary

 
At 9/14/2006 9:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are excused. :) Glad you're back. Rest up and feel better.

 
At 9/14/2006 9:00 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Well at least no one has asked about my blog updates. Guilty guilty guilty. My classes are going very well and still enjoying them. Post on! I will try to update soon.

 
At 9/14/2006 9:12 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Okay I read your comment to my blog before posting my last comment. Thanks for your listening ear. I don't have your vonage #.

 
At 9/19/2006 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being Auntie Beq to another little one :) Kinda neat, eh?!
love you, Great Aunt Shirley

 
At 9/22/2006 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca,

Just remembered your site so will try to check it out more often. Teaching huh? That is sweet that you are enjoying it. Funny enough I used to want to be a math teacher - now I am directing a camp in Kenya - funny how life changes.

 
At 9/24/2006 12:45 PM, Blogger drh said...

Rebecca, please come back. We miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home