Sunday, May 27, 2007

Green Eggs and Sushi

I am sure that someday when I'm pregnant I'm gonna crave sushi. I had been craving it for about two weeks, so my friends got together at my favorite restaurant in the city for some great concoctions. My favorite was a new one we hadn't seen there before (the sushi all runs past on this little conveyor belt around the area where the sushi chefs work & you just pull stuff off the line and pass it around the table). It was topped with avocado, orange and green eggs. I guess the official word is roe, but I like the idea of having tried real GREEN EGGS and sushi for my birthday.


Mary loves sushi as much as I do. Don't put it past her to take up the occasion of a picture for some sushi swiping...


Even my non-sushi-loving roommate consented to come along with us to celebrate. About a half hour after we got there (downtown = parking nightmare) we realized that we left the coffee pot on, so she graciously left the party early :(


Scot and David opted NOT to feed each other tender morsels.

13 Comments:

At 5/27/2007 5:43 PM, Blogger drh said...

As you'll recall, I thought about feeding Scot, but then I didn't. I don't know, I guess I figured you'd end up blogging about it or something...

 
At 5/28/2007 2:19 AM, Blogger Jed Carosaari said...

Scot and David are such wimps!

Kudos on the green eggs! Now if only you could find some authentic Moroccan green ham...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 5/28/2007 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm...green eggs, but no ham, huh?! Well, I feel like about sushi like you localls do about ham!!

 
At 5/28/2007 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was a typo... it should have read "like your locals"...sorry!

 
At 5/28/2007 2:36 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Rae - are you really convinced God would judge you harshly for slipping a bite of sushi into your halal mouth???

 
At 5/31/2007 1:56 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Happy belated birthday! :)

 
At 6/01/2007 1:28 AM, Blogger joydriven said...

look at the beautifuls!
mary, hi! (i need to email you!)

 
At 6/01/2007 7:25 AM, Blogger drh said...

Hey Scot, did you catch that? Some call us wimps, some call us beautifuls!

 
At 6/01/2007 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad you enjoyed the Sushi! Not a requested item in our home.

 
At 6/03/2007 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO sis, just the gagging part!!

 
At 6/03/2007 5:16 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

yeah - scrambled eggs cause lots of gagging. i still think i was psychologically scarred by having to down those disgusting eggs on sunday mornings...

 
At 6/07/2007 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey--please tell me what's in a real green egg? I haven"t read all the fairy tales yet. love ya.

 
At 6/10/2007 7:07 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Mam,
The green eggs on the sushi is kind of like the salmon roe you used to mix into cream cheese, only they are green instead of orange.
I don't think it's toxic to my health :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home