Sunday, July 09, 2006

Jersey Girl Again

Family, sweet family! I was gonna say "home, sweet home", but I'm not really sure where that is anymore. Anyway, I left Switzerland, made my connection in Paris, and found myself safely in Newark, NJ... WITHOUT MY SUITCASES!!! Don't ask me how I am so unlucky. My consolation is that they told me they know where my suitcases are this time and they will deliver them to my house, and I actually believe them. Welcome back to America!

My siblings all showed up at my dad's last night for a barbeque - pork and shrimp on the grill, fresh corn on the cob, my sister's cheesecake and my stepmom's very berry tart - mmm! I even ate salad without getting sick - yay! It was so awesome to visit with all of my siblings.

While I was in Germany I had very limited access to the web, so now I'm catching up on my email & websurfing -- in between catching up with my family :)

ooh i'm out of battery!

12 Comments:

At 7/09/2006 5:14 PM, Blogger E.T. said...

Welcome back to the U.S. of A., Rebecca! It's a different world.

 
At 7/09/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Welcome back Rebecca! We are excited to see you here in SC.

 
At 7/10/2006 1:46 PM, Blogger Jed Carosaari said...

EEE! So sorry to hear about the luggage difficulties, again! I hope it is returned soon.

Glad to hear your back safe.

 
At 7/11/2006 5:06 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Glad you're back safely! Have a great visit with your family.

 
At 7/13/2006 8:39 AM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

I got my luggage in a mere 2 days and I didn't even have to go back to the airport and wade through the lost luggage room. Yay!

 
At 7/13/2006 2:47 PM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said...

Hey Becky--I don't know if you remember me, but I just came acrossed your blog and saw a picture of you. I thought to myself "Is that becky adams?" Where are you now--(looks like all over) and what are you up to? Just wanted to say hello!
Nicki Tolosa
nbbc alumni

 
At 7/13/2006 2:52 PM, Blogger ST said...

When I arrived here I lost one of my bags (action packer actually),When it arrived, I was quite surprised when I opened my bag for the customs guy and saw a bland new gold couch pillow that didn't belong to me in my bag! I don't know what went on during its 'lostness' but someone lost a gold pillow. I ended up giving it to a B.A. agent as a gift.

 
At 7/13/2006 4:32 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

Scot-
haha! that's a great story. i thought you were going to say you found a little pouch of hashish :)

Nicki -
hey girl! great to hear from you! yeah, i'm all over the place. i live in north africa & am teaching at an american school. where are you & matt now?

 
At 7/13/2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Matt & Nicki said...

Hey becky,
You sound like you are living quite an adventure. That is really neat! Matt and I are in Mineapolis, MN and matt is teaching, coaching and is the athletic director at Fourth Baptist. We have two children. Sara is three and Silas is 20months. You can check out pics on our blog if you are interested. Good to chat with you again:)

 
At 7/15/2006 9:47 PM, Blogger Jed Carosaari said...

I did find some of that (hashish) once in my dorm room in college when I came back from break. But I thought at first it was just potpourri. Turns out it was only 1/2 that...

 
At 7/18/2006 2:30 PM, Blogger Jocelyn Pagano said...

Awww, I miss Jersey so much! Though I am content that God has me in MN right now with all of my family.

 
At 7/28/2006 1:01 AM, Blogger drh said...

Glad you got your battery's worth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home