Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Swinging on the Roof!!!

Yup, here are a few pictures of the fun, fun, fun night we had. I've been asked by quite a few people to make it an annual event. Can't say that I'd be opposed! Hamid (the dance instructor) started us off with the basic footwork for Rock-n-Roll. Eventually we moved to Salsa and Merangue, and then before the evening was up had covered Mambo and Gnaoui too. It was a blast!

Getting a few Rock-n-Roll pointers from Hamid


Mary grilling,
Katie & Tim dancing
(Happy Anniversary to them!)


The "cavaliers" getting ready to sweep those "cavalieres" off their feet!


Tasha wasn't enjoying this at all...


Bethany & Hamid


Mary & Issane


I think it's called the Lawnmower.

12 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 6:27 PM, Blogger ST said...

Great pics! I especially like the one where it looks like David is doing 'the robot'

 
At 6/09/2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like great fun! What was your fave out of all those dances? Wish someone else would have stolen your camera so I could see more pictures of YOU busting a move. :)

 
At 6/09/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Amanda T said...

What fun pictures. I've always wanted to learn how to swing dance. Although, salsa does look quite fun too. I have the same question as Alicia...which one was your favorite out of all the ones you learned?

 
At 6/09/2006 9:46 PM, Blogger E.T. said...

Your party was such a great idea---I'm looking forward to the next party on the roof!

 
At 6/10/2006 7:05 PM, Blogger drh said...

I was doing 'the robot'. Admittedly, my partner had a difficult time following...

 
At 6/12/2006 7:25 PM, Blogger ST said...

The robot is such a selfish dance, really.

 
At 6/13/2006 6:42 AM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

hhmm - my favorite - definitely Rock-n-Roll, but that was probably the hardest one to learn, so probably my suggestion for a party would be salsa. that definitely got everybody moving on the floor & was a lot of fun too. of course the highlight for any of the ladies was dancing with Hamid because he's incredible & makes it easy to look good ;)

 
At 6/15/2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Jocelyn Pagano said...

That does look like so much fun! My cousin tried to teach me swing dancing, but we didn't have enough time while he was visiting!

 
At 6/15/2006 6:24 PM, Blogger E.T. said...

I'd have to cast my vote in for Swing. "It don't mean a thing if you ain't got that swing! Do-wah, do-wah, do-wah, do-wah, do-wah, do-wah, do-wha..."

 
At 6/18/2006 11:14 AM, Blogger drh said...

Yes, the ladies all enjoyed Hamid. Dancing with me was, of course, the highlight for all the machinery.

 
At 6/18/2006 5:36 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

whatever! i had tons of fun dancing with you & I hope i don't fall into the machine category!!!

 
At 6/18/2006 7:08 PM, Blogger drh said...

Aw, shucks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home