Friday, January 19, 2007

... and it was Merry, Very!

OK, so I like Dr. Seuss a lot. I think I read How the Grinch Stole Christmas at least 10 times while I was home. My wonderful belle-mere has this aversion to Dr. Seuss, but I CAN'T let my little siblings grow up without his sing-song-y stories. I grew up listening to a-million-and-one Dr. Seuss stories, as read by Mimi (my fabulous grandmother) and twenty years later I still hear her voice in my head when I read that Grinchy tale. So I bought the book for my little brother a few years ago, and every Christmas Eve I sneak in and read it to him after he's supposed to go to bed. My dad's ears start working really good on Christmas Eve, so we have to be extra quiet and try not to giggle at Cindy-Lou Who who was no more than two (Now Dad, you can go ahead and forget about that by next Christmas Eve, 'kay?). This year my bitty sister who was no more than two (but has since turned three) decided she likes Dr. Seuss too. Several nights found us reading a pile of books before she snuggled under her blankets to dream of the Cat in the Hat who can Read with his Eyes Shut (and that is VERY hard to do - it makes his eyebrows get red hot).

the victims of Dr. Seuss mania...

7 Comments:

At 1/19/2007 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH. News from Rebecca!...I already called Mam and Grampie so they're checking out your new post =)
It's SO good to hear from you.
Curious: are you getting bombarded with the horrible wintery mix that N.E. coast has had? We didn't get it in PA, but I read a weather report today that said much of the bad weather had headed that direction. Wouldn't it be funny if you had a "snow day" and we didn't?
Love the pic of the kids and am glad to hear that they are into Dr. Suess.
love, Aunt Shirley

 
At 1/20/2007 2:42 PM, Blogger Bequita17 said...

we've had beautiful weather here. the king actually made a circuit of major cities a week or so ago to pray for rain. the farmers are really hurting as it should have started raining pretty regularly in november, but so far we've only had a few days. i kind of feel guilty thanking God in the morning for the beautiful weather. i heard it is supposed to rain monday though, so maybe my thanksgiving will be put to an end.

 
At 1/20/2007 5:58 PM, Blogger drh said...

I’m happy you’re blogging again, silly goose.
And tickled you’ve mentioned our friend, Dr. Seuss.

I thought of leaving a full-fledged Seuss-like comment, but just didn’t have it in me tonight. However, when the day before Groundhog Day rolls around, be prepared to encounter a greeting from one of Seuss’ contemporaries. A previous comment might give you a clue.

PS – Thanks, Aunt Shirley, for making me aware of this momentous occasion!

 
At 1/20/2007 11:38 PM, Blogger Sara said...

What a great picture. :)

I love Dr. Seuss too, and already have several books of his. Actually, I just posted a blog entry with a short video of me reading One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish to Ariana. :)

 
At 1/21/2007 3:18 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Read your comment... I knew your dad and Heather had a litle boy--but they have a little girl now too? I guess that's kind of obvious now that I re-read your blog, but somehow I was thinking it was your niece or something. Anyway, congrats on the new little sibling (a little late, lol). She is a cutie-pie! :)

 
At 1/26/2007 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tu as le temps pour le blog reponds aux mails des autres, rien que par politesse ok!!!!!!!!

 
At 2/04/2007 2:01 PM, Blogger drh said...

Did you get it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home